Family Catechesis is for K-6th grade. We are using a Family of Faith by Sophia Institute.
- Meets twice a month on Wednesday evenings from 6:15-7:30pm
- 1st meeting Parent gather in Bamberg for Parent session & Children attend classes according to their grade
- 2nd meeting of the month is done all together in Bamberg Hall (This is a family activity to go with the months lessons)
- Meetings are typicially the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month (See calendar for exact dates)
- Monthly parent sessions where we explore the current month’s lesson and goals together
- Parents teach at home with guidance such as parent book, PowerPoints, other resources provided
- Family groups for community building and support
- Mass attendance is important
1st Reconcilation/1st Communion Prep/Sacrament 1
- Meets Sunday Mornings from 8:30-9:45am twice a month (see calendar for exact dates)
- Its a two year program that begins in 1st grade and students receive both their 1st reconciliation and 1st Communion during the 2nd year (typically 2nd grade)
- Those who are in 3rd grade and older but have not received their 1st reconcilation/communion will be placed in Sacrament 1
- 1st graders must be enrolleded and parents/families must be actively participating in family catechesis to move onto 2nd year prep.
- Curriclulm used for 2nd year 1st communion is Blessed by Dynamic Catholic
- Weeks classes do not meet parents will be guided on providing the lessons at home
Confirmation is now 7th-8th grade.
- Confirmation will not be looked at like “graduation”
- Receiving the sacrament at a younger age would equip our youth to advance through adolescence into adulthood with the gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Confirmation at an earlier age would allow them to live out the newly Confirmed to “live out” their Confirmation through meaningful ministry in our own parish in their high school years.
1st Year Confirmation/Sacrament 1
- Meeting weekly on Sunday mornings from 8:30am- 9:45am
- 1st year Confirmation is now 7th grade
- Sacrament one is for students in 8th-11th grade who have not been enrolled in 1st year confirmation
- Fresh, new curriculum!
- Attendance is imporant
2nd Year Confirmation- Updates coming soon
- Meets Weekly on Wednesday evenings from 7:30pm-9:00pm
- 2nd year confirmation is typically those in 8th grade or those in 9th-12th grade who completed Sacrament 2
- Fresh new curriculum!
- Engages students not just through discussion and lessons but through experiences
- Attendance is imporant
Post Confirmed- Update coming soon
- Those who have been confrimed- 9th grade and older
- Youth will take semester-style classes such as the bible timeline, saints, service opportunities, and be active in their community.
- Attendance will be taken
- Scheduled to meet Wednesdays from 7:30pm-9pm (schedule and time could be altered due to the class and what is invovled)
We have gotten many questions on if these changes are temporary or not. This plan was in the works long before COVID and are requests from the Bishop, which he announced in his pastoral letter that was released in 2018. Change is hard but it is also good and this is a plan here to stay. We ask for prayers and for grace as we make this transition.